Hello Friends! I wanted show you how we made the island that sits in the middle of my scrap studio. I'm just going to give you a brief description, because we actually followed this tutorial http://www.ronhazelton.com/projects/how_to_build_a_kitchen_island
and it explains it better than I ever could!
We started with the top. I was very fortunate to be able to find a beautiful beveled edge black quartz island top on craigslist for $250.00! This retails for at least $1500.00 and would've totally been out of my budget if I had to pay that. You can purchase counter top fairy inepensively at Lowes or Home Depot.
Then we purchased 4 24 inch stock cabinets (Also from Home depot) W bought the unfinished wood ones and painted them ourselves. We used 2 drawer cabinets and 2 regular cabinets. We screwed these together and set them in place. I chose bead board to cover the back and sides. I like the look and it coordinates with the bead board on the walls in the adjoining dining room. (directions are on the video) . My wonderful hubby added trim at the bottom and corner piece to finish it off.
My Fabulous husband screwing the cabinets together!
I love this island.....but I wish I had left some space for legs...I'm adjusting to it though and have found that I'm up and down so much grabbing supplies, that I stand up most of the time anyway (Plus, you burn more calories standing than sitting lol)
So, that's how we made the island...it was actually pretty easy peasy!

0 Comments