Due to this I've increased the grocery budget to $150 per month. Sept / Oct is the first grocery shop with the new budget. We'll see how I go. Lots of readers have asked for my shopping list to see what I'm buying. I don't mind sharing but typing out all the items and prices would be time consuming. So here are the photos and receipts of the purchases so far -
ALDI SHOP
FRUIT AND VEG SHOP
COLES SHOP
HINDUSTAN IMPORTS ( HERBS AND SPICES )
TOATL AMOUNT SPENT SO FAR $ 100.15
If you are wondering where the rest of the food is, please remember I have a very good stockpile of pretty much everything. I have enough toilet paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deod, shampoo, conditioner and makeup for the next year or two. I make my own soap instead of using shower gel and Darren uses it instead of shampoo.
Generally once or twice a year I stock up on herbs, spices, dried fruit and nuts from Hindustan Imports. Occasionally I pop in for a couple of items that are running low.
I have enough roast beef and silverside in the freezer for the next few months at least. I still have enough chicken drumsticks for four meals and one whole chicken. We ran out of chicken fillets a couple of months ago but because the prices are too dear at the moment, we are doing without. I have two legs of lamb in the freezer waiting for a special occasion. Each leg does about 3 - 4 meals. The mince I bought this month is to make hamburger patties. I still have about 3 kilos of mince in the freezer to use for other dishes.
When I did this shop I still had half a cauliflower, one kilo of carrots, half a pumpkin, eight potatoes and a few frozen veggies on hand. Soon we'll be picking our own silverbeet on a very regular basis. The mushrooms and tomatoes in the photo were for homemade pizza on Monday night.
We are not big fruit eaters in the cooler weather but I still had mandarins in the fridge and was gifted apples from a friend.
Over the next few weeks I'll be popping into the shops to top up on milk, fruit and veg as needed.

0 Comments