Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 29th September 2018

This week has seen me move my cleaning jobs around to accommodate the public holiday on Friday. Housework was slotted in around work,  gardening cooking and baking.  I'm a person who thrives on schedules and order so to have a topsy turvy week was a challenge for me.

For those who did not see my post on Facebook,  Darren and I announced we will be grandparents next March with Megan and her boyfriend Kurt expecting a baby.  We are excited,  a little nervous and suddenly feeling about 20 years older.  I've made lots of trips to Savers ( ok,  more than  usual ) to buy up on baby clothes,  a baby bath,  blankets and other goodies.  It's amazing what good quality things people donate and the cheap prices they are sold for.

Here's what else I got up to this week -

*  Made up two bottles of diluted Dynamo laundry liquid.  Usually I use my homemade laundry powder but work uniforms need something with a fragrance to cut through the grease smell.

*  Made a whole orange cake using a couple of small oranges given to me last week.  I'm hoping to freeze the rest of the oranges for future baking.

*  Donated a couple of bags of goodies to Savers and received a 20% off discount stamp.

*  Made up two bottles of diluted Windex window cleaner.  It still works just as good as the full strength.  The diluted ratio is 50: 50

*  Made two bottles of Miracle Spray to sell to a couple of cleaning clients.

*  Made chunky chicken and veg soup.  First I made  stock in the slow cooker using one drumstick,  one wing and bones from a quarter of chicken.   Then I made the soup on the stove top.  There was plenty of meat and the soup made seven portions for the freezer.

*  Froze leftovers from chop suey and  spag bol.

*  Fed weeds,  Spring grass and bread crusts to the chickens.

*  Picked silverbeet to add to two meals.

*  Megan,  Kurt and I went to Savers to buy baby clothes and maternity clothes.  I was able to give them a discount card with 20% off on it.  This saved them $16.

*  Picked flowers from the garden to brighten up my kitchen.

*  Sold two dozen eggs.

*  Dried the washing on the line.  I changed my wash days to suit the weather.

*  Gratefully received more lemons.

From the garden

Selling excess eggs

Silverbeet added to chop suey.  Yum

How did you save money this week ?

Have you tried a new frugal task lately ?


Post a Comment

0 Comments