Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Slow Stitching Report (and a couple of pouches)

I have been working on cleaning up my sewing room this week.  It is looking much better but there is still work to do.  I found this Christmas tree block in a pile and decided to make it into a little wall hanging.  I quilted it with wavy lines using my walking foot and some bright green thread, which doesn't really show up very well in this picture!  I have a bin with leftover binding in it and found this red and white striped binding.  I added it to the quilted block and will hand stitch it down this weekend.  The block was leftover from some pillows I made three years ago. 


I continue to make slow progress on my Frank Lloyd Wright Waterlilies counted cross stitch project.  I must admit that this part is a bit boring... for me to stitch and for you to look at.


My friend, Pat, came over yesterday afternoon to learn how to make a wide open zipper pouch.  The pattern is from Noodlehead.  A friend had given her the bee fabric and she purchased the other two fabrics to make the pouch about a year ago.  She made the large size so that she can use it for a knitting project case.



I made this pouch earlier in the week. It is a gift for someone who does not read my blog.



While Pat was making her pouch, I made this one to show her the steps in making it.


Now that I am retired, Pat and I walk for about an hour every day, usually at a local park.  Yesterday, we were greeted by this heron.


Have a great weekend!  I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Stitchers on Sunday morning.

Post a Comment

0 Comments