Early this week, I spent some time quilting two quilts using my walking foot. I made this plus sign flimsy using my stash of 30's prints and it has been pin basted waiting for quilting inspiration to hit for a few months now... I finally decided on straight lines about an inch apart across the width of the quilt and two vertical lines through each column of plus signs. It took a couple of sessions at the sewing machine to get the quilting done and tonight, I pieced the binding with 30's prints used in the plus signs and sewed it by machine to the quilt. Tomorrow, I will sew it down to the back of the quilt by hand for my Slow Sunday Stitching project.
I have had a London Friendship Guild charity quilt at my house for several months, waiting to be quilted and bound so I could hand it in for distribution. I used a simple cross hatch with straight lines with my walking foot to quilt this quilt. Someone else made the quilt top--it was my job to quilt it and finish it off with the binding.
I added the binding by machine and then did the hand stitching. I'm glad to have this quilt by the door and ready for donation!
My husband and I started working on a puzzle this week...
This one looks like fun!
I will be linking up with Kathy in the morning.





0 Comments