Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Just some random dream on the 10th of Septembre

7.00 - What a beautiful morning! Or maybe not that beautiful for I was woken up in the middle of an exciting sleep. Some weird things were happening in it as if I were back to school, but in no way did it look as my new school equipped with all the latest. Although the face of the building looked renovated and ornamented inside, it looked like a waste dump abandoned and uncleaned for ages. The first floor looked normal though. 

 I went upstairs and the second floor looked like a building that was abandoned decades ago with nothing but shabby dilapidated walls. I was terrified to look down through the railings because I could see nothing but anabyss. 

"Where should I go?" I stepped onto the wobbly floor that was littered with splinters and flinders. The aisle with rooms, apart from the floor, looked normal. The doors to the classes stood in their place. I went down the aisle. Deeper I went the older looked  the doors of the classrooms. In the end, the aisle had led to a spacious dark room filled with more remains of the erstwhile life.  In the centre of the room, in the dim light there was the baby grand piano. Apparently it was a music class. Drowning in all the litter, I reached the piano. The place has changed. Instead of the flinders, I felt the wooden floor under my feet and the lightbulbs went on.  

 A swarm of students burst in the class. The old rickety chairs cricked and bleeped. The students took their seats, I took mine at the penultimate. 

 I peeped through the window. The dark early morning was outside.  The torrential rain drummed at the glass. For an inexplicable reason, the Music class didn't start,  but instead there was an English test. The clime wasn't as in the test though. Everyone was talking to each other.  

 As usual, as it happens on tests, the boy beside me asked to copy the answers down on his paper. I did his test and looked into mine.  My paper was in the least familiar language to me.

 In a few minutes, the chaos turned into a festive atmosphere as if it were Christmas at the threshold or the end of the year were to commemorate. The students in my class were discussing where they wanted to go, but the cause remained a mystery. 

 I climbed out of the window. The gas tubes that ran between the floors helped me switch between classrooms. It seemed to be the only way.  I cast a quick look at the school yard and went along the wall. Having a closer look, I realised that the school yard was a gigantic sewage tank.  The smell coming from it was like the manure of thousands of cows that had been pooping nonstop for a couple of centuries.  Falling in there seemed to be like a dive into toxic waters from apocalyptic films.

 Somehow I managed to scramble along the perimeter and ended up at the window of the principal's office.  I sneaked into the school. The hall was spacious, it had blue walls and brownish parquet on the floors. It was also empty. 

 Out of the blue, I heard the voice of one of the Russians and literature teachers uttering my name. Apparently, she was discussing my expel with the principal. The deep-sated resentment flared up in my heart for some reason. 

 I couldn't hear the end of their conversation because I was woken up. 

7.00: Good beautiful morning! I am setting off to school.     

P.S. To be  continued (maybe)

Post a Comment

0 Comments